Create or edit a Newsletter from the front-end
- Log in and browse the Newsletter Archive section (link on the right >>>). If you have sufficient access permissions, you will be able to manage the Newsletter Mailing List and will see extra add, edit and statistics icons.
- The blue edit icon indicates that your Newsletter is not visible for other users (it’s either because the Newsletter is still not published or because the Newsletter is set as not visible). If you click on this icon, you will be able to edit your Newsletter. Example:
- The orange edit icon enables you to edit your Newsletter and indicates that the Newsletter is also visible for other users. Example:
- At the bottom of the page, you will see an icon enabling you to create a Newsletter. Example:
- If you click on one of these three icons, you will be redirected to the Newsletter edition screen…
- The options you get are similar to the ones displayed on the back-end, you can switch your template, add tags, replace your tags, save your Newsletter and preview it.
- You can write your subject, decide to publish your Newsletter, make it visible, choose to send the HTML or only the text version.
- You can create your HTML version of your Newsletter and your Text version (if you don’t want AcyMailing to generate it automatically).
- You can then select the receivers of the Newsletter. Only your attached lists will be displayed on this screen. I’m actually allowed to manage two lists from the front-end, that’s why there are two lists on this screenshot but each user will have a different list selection depending on his rights.
- You can attach files to your Newsletter and you can also change your sender information.
- By default, the sender information will be the default ones you specified on your AcyMailing configuration page but you will find an option on your AcyMailing configuration page so that the default sender information are the name and e-mail of the logged in user.
- Click on the button Preview / Send when you edit your Newsletter to access the preview screen.
- You will see your Newsletter and the automatic text version AcyMailing generated (or the one you wrote).
- Like on your back-end, this interface enables you to send a test of your Newsletter to some users and send it.
- If you click on the send button, AcyMailing will ask you a confirmation and then will queue all your e-mails.
AcyMailing does not start the send process on your own session so you can do something else and turn off your computer while AcyMailing will automatically take care of the send process. (this send process requires a cron task that you can easily configure on the AcyMailing configuration page).
- Back on the archive section, you will see a statistic icon near the Newsletter subject for the Newsletter you already sent so that you can follow the send process and the success of your Newsletter via the front-end.
- If you click on that icon, a popup will open and display you the same chart statistics than the ones you can access from the back-end: