MCS-Aware is a small national charity. We receive no statutory funding and rely on volunteers to help us with fundraising, admin and events. Volunteers are at the very heart of our organisation so it’s our ambition to make sure anyone who gives their time to us feels valued, understood and proud to be part of MCS-Aware.
Our aim is to improve life for people affected by environmental illness and that MCS-Aware should develop as an active and caring organisation. Volunteers are integral to achieving this aim.
Whether you have a lot of energy and time or little energy or time …we’d love you to volunteer with us and thank you for choosing to share your time with MCS-Aware.
Volunteer and spread the word: We welcome volunteers to help us with a whole range of things. Here are ideas of some of the key volunteering opportunities that we have:
- Accountant/ Book keeping
- Social Media Volunteer
- Newsletter and Website Volunteer
- IT Volunteer
We also need people to tell their story to raise awareness of environmental illness in the media. If you’d like to help us in any way, just get in touch.
Why should I volunteer for MCS-Aware?
There are many benefits to volunteering, including:
- Meeting like-minded people
- Making a difference to others using your skills and/or knowledge
- A chance to learn a new skill or gain knowledge in a new area or an area of interest
- A great CV addition and it can improve your employment prospects
- It’s rewarding and good for the soul!
- It enables you to ‘give something back’
How can you help us?
Volunteer support is welcome – whether you can offer just a few hours a week or more. If you have a professional service to offer, e.g. legal, marketing, HR etc., this type of volunteering is really helpful to us in accessing additional resources.
I’m interested in volunteering, How can I get involved?
15 minutes of energy to give:
- Place a collection box on your desk at work/window ledge at home or at your business and drop in your small change. Ask your colleagues/family to donate their small change too, or give up their daily latte and donate the money to us instead! Don’t forget to send the money to us once your box is full!
- Post about MCS-Aware on your social media page…and encourage your friends to share or retweet your post.
30 minutes of energy to give:
- Write a small article or story for our magazine. It helps people to hear how others cope.
- Contact your local newspaper or radio station to share your story and tell them how MCS-Aware has helped you. You can contact us for advice on how to share your story with press
- Become a volunteer photographer or image collector for MSC-Aware. We always need cover photos for the magazine , or to accompany articles in our print and online publications.
If you have half a day or more:
- Help sell our Christmas cards or merchandise.
- Become a volunteer speaker – we need representatives to go and give talks to local groups and environmental businesses but being a small organisation we don’t always have someone available to attend. If this is something you think you could help with, please get in touch. Full training will be given.
- If you live near our office, we’re looking for volunteers to help us with a variety of day to day tasks…everything from envelope filling to preparing information packs and filling in the day to day accounts.
- Put up a display in work with information on Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.
- Host an awareness and or fundraising coffee morning or similar event.
- Share your skills – fundraiser, photographer, copywriter, HR or IT skills … whatever your area of expertise, if you are willing to share with us we’d love to hear from you.
- Become a trustee. Being a trustee is very rewarding and you can play an active part in the activities and growth of MCS-Aware.
- Hold an information day at work or in your local community.
If you would like to volunteer for us, or have other ideas of how you can support the charity please email email@example.com.
Start volunteering now!
Thank you for choosing to share your time with MCS-Aware. Our office is based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, but a lot of volunteering can be done where you are, so wherever you are based, please get in contact if you would like to get involved.
To discuss individual or group/employee volunteering with MCS-Aware, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I become a member of MCS-Aware?
You can join online here, or send a cheque payable to ‘MCS-AWARE’ to: MCS-Aware 8A, Intech House, Wilbury Way,Hitchin, Herts. SG4 0TW (UK).