Living with a chronic illness can be isolating and make you feel very alone. But you’re not, we’re here to help and here’s how…
Our charity was set up specifically to provide information, support and contact between people with multiple sensitivities. We provide a lot more than the few pages you see on this website. You can:
- Get our e-newsletter FREE. It contains a summary of the latest news, tips for living with multiple sensitivities, research and delicious low allergy recipes. Get your copy here free.
- Post your question on our website forum and meet other people to find out their coping tips here.
- Download FREE leaflets and posters to explain environmental illness. You can get a free magazine and find out which products we recommend for cleaning and toiletries on our Resources Page here.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. We share healthy living tips every day, as well as news and encouragement to help you recover.
- Become a member. You will receive 3 copies of our magazine per year. At 48 pages it is a proper non-glossy glossy magazine (!) printed on chlorine free paper or by email. It’s designed to help you live and recover from environmental illness with articles about chemical and food intolerance and electro-hypersensitivity. You will also get access to over 150 helpsheets, discount code booklet and more. Click here to find out more.
Can’t tolerate being on the computer or know someone else with environmental illness? Just let us know an address and we will post you our free information pack including a sample magazine.
If you have multiple or severe sensitivities, then the information on our website might not be enough for you. We have put together detailed resources specifically to help you start to recover. The most efficient way to get you this information is for you to become a member. We can then post or email you everything we have – over 150 helpsheets, leaflets and posters, including a list of practitioners and a directory of useful products and suppliers. You’ll receive a safety wallet card in case of reactions, and a summary of the best strategies to start recovering. Since most people with this illness are struggling financially, we have also negotiated discounts for you to save money with 35 companies on everything from vitamin supplements to outgassed computers, water purifiers and holidays! You can choose to receive everything by post on chlorine-free paper or by email. By registering for the support group you will automatically receive a year’s free copies of our quarterly magazine too. Hopefully that’s enough to make you feel a little better, even if it’s just for today 🙂 You can register here.
MCS-Aware is run by Helen and Sarah part time, with help from lots of volunteers. We do not receive any government funding and rely on donations and subscriptions to keep going. Our long term aim is to get Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (including food and electro-senstivities) to be recognised as a chronic physical illness in the UK. You can find out more about us here, and if you like what we’re doing, please consider donating here, or you can send us a cheque.