Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut & wheat free
- 2 aubergines
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas
- 1 red onion, sliced finely
- 4 carrots, grated
- 75g tahini
- 1 tsp tamari wheat free soya sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp warm water
- Cut the aubergine into 1 cm slices.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet and brush each slice with oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and place under the grill for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the slices over and oil and season each slice.
- Grill for another 10 or so minutes until the slices are soft and browned.
- Set aside to cool.
- Drain the chickpeas and empty them into a bowl.
- Add the sliced onion and grated carrots.
- Cut the aubergine into chunks and add to the bowl.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and then stir as much as you like through the salad.
Thanks go to Foods Matter for letting us reproduce this recipe.