Corn,egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 400g / 14oz carrots (3 largish), grated
- 4 bay leaves
- 150g / 6oz yellow split peas
- 1750ml / 2 pts gluten and wheat-free vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the onions, carrots and bay leaves.
- Cook for a couple of minutes then cover and sweat gently for 25–30 minutes.
- Add the split peas and the stock, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30—40 minutes or until the peas are quite soft.
- Season to taste and serve.
Thanks go to Foods Matter for letting us reproduce this recipe.