Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nightshade, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free; can be nut free
- 2 ripe bananas
- 400ml (1 tin) coconut milk
- juice 2 lemons
- 4 pieces stem ginger, chopped small
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds (optional)
- In a food processor, puree the bananas with the coconut milk and lemon juice.
- Depending on whether you want the stem ginger bitty or puréed into the mixture, purée it with the other ingredients or mix it in when they are puréed.
- Stir in the flaked almonds if you are using them and freeze in an ice cream maker.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, freeze in the bowl, taking out every 20 minutes or so to beat vigorously, until frozen.
- Remove from the freezer for at least 20 minutes to soften before serving.
Thanks go to Foods Matter for letting us reproduce this recipe.