Corn, egg, gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red chilis, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 500g / 1lb 2 oz carrots, scrubbed and diced
- approx 200g / 7 oz sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 500ml / 17fl oz wheat/gluten-free vegetable stock
- 800ml / 27fl oz coconut milk
- juice 2 limes
- approx 1 tsp tabasco (hot pepper sauce)
- sea salt
- Heat the oil on a heavy pan and gently fry the chilis for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, sweet potato and stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the carrots are cooked.
- Purée in a food processor then return to the pan.
- Add the coconut milk and lime juice, mix well then season to taste with the tabasco (hot pepper sauce) and sea salt.
318cals - 5g protein
24g total fat - 20g sat / 1.5g mono / 0.5g poly
20g carbohydrate of which 8g sugar
3g fibre - 76mg sodium / 0.19g salt
Thanks go to Foods Matter for letting us reproduce this recipe.